Sunday, October 18, 2009

Why wasn't I consulted ?

Yes..... well that's what I'd like to know. If they'd asked me, Eddie in the very beginning, I would have told them in no uncertain terms that you just can't expect an old man, such as myself to doss down, permanently mind you, with a younger female, Scout, and a mere lad Archie. What were they thinking ? Anyway, last night was, shall we say a 'first night try out' to see if we could all co-exist in a friendly manner. It didn't work. I was allowed, as I should have been, to enter the new house first and therefore claimed it as my own, the other two, well I just tolerated them until the humans had gone to bed, then it was eviction time. Being a coolish night the other two carried on, i.e. trying to get through the closed Dog Door, several times, and scratching claws down the security screen repeatedly. This continued until one of the humans finally arose from slumber to let them inside. Scout settled down on a couple of old dressing gowns and a bit of a blanket, and Archie sneaked under the mistresses feather doona. I don't know, they don't make these young ones out of tough stuff, they're such softies these days. Anyway, the humans, whom I think are a little soft too, were off to the pet shop today to purchase another 'house', gosh the skies the limit around here, I now have my own batchelor pad, while the other two have to share accomodation. It sure is a dog's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment