Sunday, August 2, 2009

What have I been doing ?

I can't believe its been so long since I've posted an entry, however, when I think back to just how hectic it's been in the last few weeks, it's certainly no wonder.

Here in lovely Manly Queensland we have a progressive Chamber of Commerce and each year they publish the Manly Harbour Village Magazine. It's a high quality glossy A4 size publication, telling of the activities in our lovely bay side community and proposed future development. I'm very happy because three of my photographs have been accepted for the 2009 publication. I can't wait for the magazine to be printed.

The St. John Vianney's School Community Art Showcase was held last weekend and was open to local artists, Oil, Water and Acrylic, also sculptors and photographers. It was a great event, well patronised with a very enthusiastic group of bidders at the auction on the Friday night. Each artist was allowed two entries to showcase and have for sale. One of my images has found a new home, a panoramic shot of the Manly Harbour Marina, 2 mtr x .5 mtr, taken in mid afternoon with a storm approaching from the south, thank you so much to the purchaser, I know you love it just as much as I do. You can see more of my photographs by visiting my web site it's
www.margiparton.com



While at the Art Show I met Elizabeth De Luca, an amazing lady who creates the most wonderful lampwork beads and jewellery. Her studio, Creative Arty Facts is here on the bay and you can see her work by visiting www.creativeartyfacts.com.au The jewellery Liz creates is absolutely beautiful but visit her web site and see for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Margi on your sale. I have just been looking at your website and it is superb, you are a very talented photographer and deserve to really go places! Keep up the good work. AOR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you sales Margi....Lovely to meet up with you :)

    ReplyDelete